Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Second Draft Responses

I believe that the advice written on the back of my second draft is very helpful. I really felt like I would have trouble writing 7-8 pages analyzing the "Rosie the Riveter" version of Michelle Obama. Ms. Lang suggested that I analyze the original "Rosie the Riveter" first. I am happy that she wrote this because I thought that I had to just stick to analyzing the Michelle Obama version. I feel that if I include analysis about the original poster, I would not only have more to write about, but also I would be able to support my analysis of the Michelle Obama version better. Another suggestion was to avoid stereotypes. While I should avoid stereotypes, I believe a main purpose of the actual icon is to disprove a stereotype and inspire women. For this suggestion, I will ask Ms. Lang to explain a little more about what she means. Overall I am fairly happy with the responses to this second draft. It is reassuring to know that I am on the right track, after a great deal of doubt about how I would approach this paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment