Wednesday, September 5, 2012

First Peer Review Workshop

The workshop in class challenged me to apply what I had learned in the reading about peer reviewing and responding to my classmates' papers. I also received a good amount of feedback that will help me to develop my paper. The most helpful comment I received was whether or not I would be able to talk about Blink 182 for 4-6 pages. After thinking about it, I realized this task was definitely possible but would require much further thinking. I realized I had to relate my history with Blink 182 on totally different kinds of levels. For example, I thought about how the cover art has matured as the band has grown older, as well as how their sound has matured. I realized I could relate this maturation to my own experience growing up and going from middle school to high school and then to college. The advice my peers gave me has helped me think about my narrative on a much deeper level, which is exactly what peer responding is all about. My next draft will be much more developed and interesting because of the advice I received from my classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment